We offer the leading student conversion service for universities – increasing conversion of prospective students for the university, while improving the student experience pre-enrolment. The Data Integration/ETL Specialist will be responsible for the management, development and implementation of integration solutions for both new and existing partners. Intelligently and robustly managing the complexity of varied data sources for each partner is critical.
We are looking for someone who can bring a breadth of knowledge and experience, with innate curiosity, to our growing business, ensuring our solutions continue to meet the requirements of our partner base in a robust and scalable way. In turn, we offer a supportive and open work environment, with fantastic and ambitious colleagues, and training and development opportunities to help you in your growth in this important role.
As the Salesforce Integration Manager you will be responsible for solutioning, building and maintaining all data feeds and integrations between Salesforce and various endpoints primarily using Jitterbit and Zapier. Working closely with our project and client teams to understand requirements, you will analyse source data architecture and systems, and deliver the most effective data integration approach with the UQ Platform as the target (built on Salesforce).
This is not a traditional developer role and focuses more on declarative configuration and some basic transformation scripting as opposed to writing code. An ability to work independently, prioritise effectively, communicate brilliantly, and a willingness to learn new applications and design new solutions are all critical to success in this role.
Our perks and benefits include:
- 25 days holiday + the Christmas break (in between Christmas and New Year) + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Company social events
- Monthly birthday breakfasts
- Access to online perks (discounts etc)
- Friday ‘bar’
- Gym onsite
Your key responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively across teams and/or independently to design and build solutions on various middleware platforms including Jitterbit and Zapier.
- Provide guidance on solution requirements, technical design, integration architecture, and solution recommendations.
- Analyse existing integration architecture, data quality issues and integration errors in a methodical way, providing written explanations and solutions to non technical stakeholders.
- Implement solutions to continuously improve the data flow architecture through automated data exception handling, monitoring and reporting routines for both existing clients and new implementations.
- Implement change control from development sandboxes to production and across the development life-cycle. Ensure that all necessary changes are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed.
- Assist with the building and testing of data input forms on platforms such as Akero, Gecko and FormAssembly.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on items related to Jitterbit, Zapier, integration architecture, data quality and data flows.
- Communicate solutions and technical concepts through written summaries, reports and presentations.
- Prioritise tasks, manage time effectively and work on projects in parallel.
Essential experience and traits:
- Contributing to all phases of the systems development life-cycle.
- Managing large constant data volumes via a variety of ETL tools, such as Jitterbit Harmony and Zapier.
- Creating logical data flows, writing transformations, implementing robust exception handling and monitoring prcesses.
- Strong knowledge of Saleforce technical architecture.
- Experience integrating 3rd party applications with Salesforce.
- Experience migrating data into Salesforce.
- Experience with data management including, quality and integrity.
- Experience with developing robust data cleansing routines including fuzzy duplicate matching.
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills, including communicating complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Creating a high standard of documentation to support product team and wider business including solution designs, process flows and data mapping documents.
- Collaborative approach to work and experience of agile methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban)
Nice to have:
- Certified Salesforce Administrator or App Builder
- Experience building data capture forms using Akero, Gecko, FormAssembly etc.
- Knowledge of Salesforce process automation tools and apex
- Familiarity of frameworks such as SOAP/XML, REST/JSON APIs and tools such as GitHub
- SQL tuning and writing of scripts
- Experience in change management and business transformation.
- Advanced Excel skills
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org